Is it possible to simulate for students the eye-opening, transformative experience of international travel in a virtual format? Over Winter Break, Director of Global Education and Engagement Julia Dunbar and History Department Chair Dr. Megan Jones gave it a try.
Make it a Big Blue Summer!
No summer plans yet? Registration is open for an action-packed, fun-filled Big Blue Summer. With over 200 unique programs on the Basking Ridge and Short Hills Campuses, BBS has something to offer every camper. Sign up today!
Top 10 Reasons Why Big Blue Summer Is the Best Way to Spend Summer 2017
10) 9 signature Pingry programs + 8 Pingry summer partners (including Pulse Sports, The Handwork Studio, Elefante Musical Theater, and International Ivy) = one dynamic summer of diverse offerings!
9) Enjoy 9 weeks of squash camp directed by squash pro Tina Rix—a new offering this year—in Pingry's just-opened, state-of-the-art Miller A. Bugliari '52 Athletics Center, complete with eight squash courts.
8) Choose from 5 different Pingry sports camps, including partnerships with Pulse Sports and Sum It Up Lacrosse, offering field hockey, baseball, lacrosse, basketball, soccer, softball, and volleyball.
7) Give Yankee Baseball Camp a try and learn from baseball's best—take a field trip to Yankee Stadium, meet a current player, get an autograph, and, back on Pingry's campus, receive baseball instruction tailored to a camper's age.
6) Techie? Students in Grades K-8 can register for 9 weeks of Hi-Tech Camp, with over 25 different opportunities to sharpen—or test—their computer science, engineering, and entrepreneurial skills.
5) Got a "mini"? Big Blue Minis caters to our youngest campers, ages 3-5. Half- and full-day options at both the Short Hills and Basking Ridge Campuses are available. Also, new this summer is our BBS "Kindergarten Bridge" group, for our Kindergarten campers who are not exactly minis but also not quite "big kids."
4) Academically minded? Students in K-12 can experience more than 35 scholastic offerings in Pingry's Big Blue Summer Academics, from Excursions in a Green World and Math Previews to study skills, theater, and writing.
3) Trust in our experience and professionalism. Pingry camps, all accredited by the American Camp Association, operate with a ratio of 1 counselor per 5 campers on land and 1 swim instructor per 3 campers in the pool.
2) Middle School student interested in travel, Global Programs and the environment? Join the Pingry Trailblazers team this June, led by Pingry's own Director of Global Programs Jeff Jewett and Director of Community Service Shelley Hartz, to learn about hands-on environmental stewardship, to get dirty doing good, and to camp in the Pingry woods. Did we mention you'll get to spend a week volunteering in the incomparable Yosemite National Park?
1) Want more? Personalized summer plans are possible, including extended day options with before and after care.
Click here to register and find out more.
Contact: Andrea Dawson, Senior Writer, email@example.com
- Big Blue Summer
- General Information