Pingry's 157th Commencement Exercises on June 10 were marked by thoughtful words from students, faculty, and administrators. Here are a few, featured excerpts, followed by a slideshow of memorable moments.
What personal information we collect
While specific information may vary for particular individuals, we may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal information about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Basic biographic/contact information – home and business addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and social media contact information
- Demographic information – names, gender, birth and death dates, photograph, and ethnicity (solely if you choose to provide ethnic information)
- Student information obtained from Pingry records and through the Pingry application process – degrees, affiliations and clubs, awards, activities, and sports participation
- Health information provided by the individual or their family, or during the course of treatment.
- Employment information – company names, job titles, and industry information, personnel records (for Pingry employees)
- Family information – spouse/partner's name, children's names and birth dates, and familial relationships
- Alumni information – event attendance, volunteer interests, organization affiliations, committee participation, awards and honors
- Donor information – giving information regarding any donation which is made, including wealth assessment information and indicators of your interest in giving
- Analytical information – aggregated information related to web visitor activity and email marketing actions
How we collect personal information about you
We collect information about you from a variety of sources. A significant portion of the information we maintain is that which you have provided to us.
We may also augment the information we collect about you from targeted internet searches and may use third party sources, including but not limited to LexisNexis for Development Professionals, Iwave (PRO), TargetAnalytics, WealthEngine, Relationship Science, EverTrue, social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn), and DonorSearch.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for a number of purposes all in support of Pingry and its mission. Specifically, we use your personal information to:
- Keep you updated with information about Pingry and Pingry events
- Conduct surveys, including community member satisfaction, donation preferences, and interests
- Provide constituent services
- Fundraise for particular Pingry purposes, initiatives or programs
- Send you information about volunteer activities and invite you to Pingry events in your area
- Conduct philanthropic preference research in order to understand community members and supporters, to inform our fundraising strategy, and target our communications
- Perform administrative tasks and for internal record-keeping purposes.
- Create and analyze aggregated (fully anonymized) information about our students and their families, alumni, donor and other supporters for statistical research purposes in support of our educational mission.
If you have concerns about any of these purposes, or how we communicate with you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will always respect a request by you to stop processing your personal information (subject to our legal obligations).
When we share your personal information
To perform the functions listed above, it may be necessary to share your personal information with volunteers and students. All individuals performing functions for us are informed regarding appropriate handling of your personal information. We may also share your personal information with third parties performing services under contract with us, including but not limited to Blackbaud, Veracross, Finalsite, Magnus Health, SchoolMesssenger, Schoology, WealthEngine, Blackbird Connect, and EverTrue.
How your information is stored and secured
Pingry uses risk-assessed administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your personal information. Only authenticated users with specific permissions may access the data. We use firewalls and regular monitoring to evaluate any attempts at accessing the systems without permission.
How long we keep your personal information
We consider our relationship with our constituents to be lifelong. This means that we will maintain a record for you until such time as you tell us that you no longer wish us to keep in touch. You may also make changes to communication preferences online through links included in our email outreach.
Rights for Individuals in the European Economic Area
You have the right in certain circumstances to (1) access your personal information; (2) to correct or erase information; (3) restrict processing; and (4) object to communications, direct marketing, or profiling. To the extent applicable, the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation provides further information about your rights. You also have the right to lodge complaints with your national or regional data protection authority.
If you are inclined to exercise these rights, we request an opportunity to discuss with you any concerns you may have. To protect the personal information we hold, we may also request further information to verify your identify when exercising these rights. Upon a request to erase information, we will maintain a core set of personal data to ensure we do not contact you inadvertently in the future, as well as any information necessary for Pingry archival purposes. We may also need to retain some financial information for legal purposes, including US IRS compliance. In the event of an actual or threatened legal claim, we may retain your information for purposes of establishing, defending against or exercising our rights with respect to such claim.
If you provide information directly to Pingry from the European Economic Area (EEA), you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside of the EEA to the United States. You understand that the current laws and regulations of the United States may not provide the same level of protection as the data and privacy laws and regulations of the EEA.
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide any personal data to us (other than personal data provided in connection with your status as a Pingry student, parent/guardian, or employee).
We may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make any significant changes to the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our Pingry websites or by contacting you directly.
The controller for your personal information is The Pingry School. We can be contacted at email@example.com.
This policy was last updated in May 25, 2018.