Music, poetry, and prose celebrated the achievements of black Americans.
Faculty & Staff
At Pingry, we take great pride in fostering a culture of excellence across the institution – in our academics, our athletics, and our arts. A critical component of our success: the lively interaction among faculty, staff, and students. Our teachers strive to create a collaborative environment in the classroom, encouraging students to develop their passions and take risks. Our coaches seek to build championship teams while also instilling a sense of sportsmanship, teamwork, responsibility, and self-discipline. And with every encounter, members of the Pingry community seek to create lifelong learners and problem-solvers who are prepared to lead in a global society.
A talented team. . .
Our faculty and staff are impressive – 70% hold master’s degrees and 18 hold doctorates. Pingry’s Professional Growth (Pro Grow) Committee is a determined one, actively encouraging career growth and development through such offerings as:
- Conferences and workshops
- Visits to other schools
- Summer Fellowships
- Opportunities to pursue advance degrees
- Nine endowed chairs
- Ample opportunities to propose new courses or curricular approaches to enhance the classroom experience and benefit students
We also support the efforts of our faculty, coaches, and staff by providing state-of-the-art resources and facilities with which to do their jobs
- A newly renovated and modernized Lower School, a space for our students and faculty to collaborate and learn
- A 1-to-1 laptop program, which requires that Middle School and Upper School students have laptops in class to support in-depth study of their subjects;
- A modified block schedule that provides more time for student-centered pedagogies to enhance the learning process;
- A recently-expanded, modernized Science Lab and Research Program, complete with “living blinds”, chemical resistant table surfaces, and much more;
- The Hostetter Arts Center, an award-winning arts facility that is home to a 235-seat performance hall and a host of labs and studios;
- The Macrae Theatre, a dedicated performance space.
- An all-weather synthetic turf field;
- Sport-specific fields for football, field hockey, lacrosse, baseball, and softball, including the Miller A. Bugliari ’52 World Cup soccer field, on which PIngry has hosted internationally renowned soccer teams for summer training
- A 400-meter, all-weather track;
- 12 tennis courts;
- A cross-country course that laps the 200-acres campus;
- Two basketball gymnasiums;
- A six-lane 25-meter pool;
- A wrestling room;
- A fencing room;
- A state-of-the-art strength and fitness center staffed by two strength coaches