Big Blue will welcome new and returning talent as they look to advance further in the conference, county, and state tournaments this fall.
By Caroline Santoro '19
Head Coach: Miller Bugliari '52
Last season's highlights:
• Led by captains Owen Wolfson '18 (playing for Bowdoin College in the fall), Mitchell Flugstad-Clarke '18, Alexy Alin-Hvidsten '18 (playing at Washington and Lee University in the fall), and Neil Reddy '18, the team enjoyed a successful season, boasting a record 13-4-3.
• Associate Head Coach David Fahey was proud of the team's defensive strength, especially towards the end of the season, as they gave up only two goals in the last 10 games of the season.
• The team tied with rival Bridgewater-Raritan for the Somerset County Championships.
• The Star Ledger ranked Big Blue the #9 boys' soccer team in the state.
What to watch for this season:
• After graduating nine "phenomenal" seniors, David Fahey says that the upcoming team will be a young one, but he is excited to see players step up and assume new roles.
• As always, their goals are to win the Somerset County Championships, Skyland Conference Championships, and NJSIAA Non-Public A state title.
• Alberto Choussy '19 and Andrew Beckmen '19, large contributors last year, will lead the team as co-captains.
• Their first game is scheduled for September 6 against North Hunterdon High School.
"I'm very excited about next year. We have a great core group of younger players returning and two seniors who we expect to be terrific leaders." —David Fahey '99, Associate Head Coach
Contact: Andrea Dawson, Senior Writer, firstname.lastname@example.org