Along with her two fellow captains, Angelina has been a key contributor to the Girls' Varsity Softball Team over the last three years.
By Hannah Gruber '19
Head Coach: Lauren Molinaro
Last season's highlights:
Last year, the Girls' Varsity Soccer Team advanced to the semifinals of the NJSIAA North Jersey Non-Public A tournament. Led by captains Ally Pyne '18, Alexis Elliot '18, Mairead Higgins '18, and Emma Lombardo '18, the team had a strong season record of 8-8-2, with a fourth-place finish in the Skyland Conference. Keeper Abby Beckmen '19 saved an impressive 74 goals for the team.
What to watch for this season:
• This year the team will be led by senior captains Abby, Ava Dziadzio '19, and Caroline Friend '19.
• With the loss of five seniors to graduation, Big Blue aims to harness talent from new and returning players to create a well-rounded team and achieve their goals. Their main overall objective, according to Coach Molinaro, is to take more shots and capitalize on their scoring opportunities.
• Pingry will be training "mentally, physically, technically, and tactically to create a cohesive group before a tough season begins" says Coach Molinaro. The team looks forward to competing against some of their hardest competition like Bridgewater-Raritan, Ridge, and Hunterdon Central.
• Both Simone Toney '19 and Megan Cowen '20 will vie for the starting goalie position, filling in for Abby, who tore her ACL at a lacrosse game last spring but will continue to serve as a tremendous leader and co-captain off the field during the fall season.
• Coach Molinaro's goals for this season are to win the conference, county, and sectional/group state tournaments. She also hopes to develop players as much as possible and to create a solid starting lineup that will be able to create more opportunities to score.
"We should be a very competitive team this year, and the challenge for us will be finding the will and the consistency to perform at our highest ability and with the strongest desire each and every day so that we can fulfill that expectation. I'm very excited for us to put in the work and see where it takes us!" —Head Coach Lauren Molinaro