Is it possible to simulate for students the eye-opening, transformative experience of international travel in a virtual format? Over Winter Break, Director of Global Education and Engagement Julia Dunbar and History Department Chair Dr. Megan Jones gave it a try.
Head of School Matt Levinson has convened an internal task force to monitor and evaluate the latest information surrounding the novel 2019 coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and inform Pingry's decision-making and communications on this topic. This page will be continually updated as the situation evolves.
The COVID-19 Task Force is monitoring several key, reliable sources for information:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization (WHO)
New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH)
Johns Hopkins University Center for Systems Science and Engineering (JHU)
International SOS (iSOS)
As it becomes available, new information will be added to the top of the applicable category.
- Why is social distancing such a critical component of remote learning?
- How do I find out if an event occurring after Pingry's move to remote learning is modified or cancelled?
- How is the College Counseling Office Supporting Students?
- What basic steps can I take to protect my child(ren)?
- What is Pingry doing to specifically care for faculty and staff?
- How is the School addressing discrimination and bias related to COVID-19?
- How is Pingry monitoring COVID-19?
- Who is on the Pingry COVID-19 Task Force?
- What do we know about the effects of COVID-19 on children?
- Has the School addressed students about COVID-19?
- Absent a school closure, will Pingry be cancelling any school-sponsored events?
- Will Pingry continue its tradition of morning handshakes at the Lower and Middle Schools?
- Will Pingry cancel school-run trips?
- Will Pingry close in response to COVID-19?
- Will Pingry excuse an extended absence for my healthy child should we decide to voluntarily keep the student home?
- What is Pingry doing to prepare for extended school closure?
- What materials should my student be bringing home before Spring Break to be prepared for the possibility of an extended school closure?
- Why did the School proceed with one Spring Break Athletics trip and cancel the others?
- Does Pingry suggest that families cancel international travel over Spring Break?
- How is pingry enhancing its cleaning/hygiene protocols?
- What steps is SAGE Dining Services taking related to COVID-19?