In addition to remembering September 11, 2001, this year's speakers offered their perspectives on uncertainty, trust, integrity in the classroom, and the importance of accuracy.
Pingry Better Together 2021-22
When students and faculty are on campus together, the experience is better for everyone. The community is strengthened by numbers, and the energy of active hallways, classrooms, and offices is immeasurable. When students are on campus, they further the best interests of the school, their specific classes, and any teams or clubs to which they belong. Investing in community by being together is the common good. Simply put, we have learned that we are better when we are together.
In September, we will resume in-person, on-campus instruction, and extracurricular activities. The COVID-19 landscape continues to evolve with emerging variants which will require us to continuously revisit our policies throughout the year.
The FAQs below will outline Pingry’s current policies and procedures related to COVID-19 — all of which, as always, are in support of what we know: we are better together. Our decisions are made with guidance from New Jersey state and local (Bernards Township and Livingston) public health officials, consulting physicians, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As we enter into the school year, the month of September will be a critical data-gathering time period for Pingry as we continuously evaluate our policies based on internal and external testing metrics, the spread of variants, and the growth of Pingry’s fully vaccinated population, among other factors.
- Is Pingry Requiring Vaccinations?
- Will I be required to submit proof of vaccination for my child if they are vaccinated?
- Will masks still be required on campus?
- Will the daily pre-arrival health screening form still be required?
- Will there still be a temperature check station at school?
- Who will need to isolate and/or quarantine?
- Are contact tracing sensors still required?
- IS POST TRAVEL QUARANTINE STILL NECESSARY?
- Will Pingry’s COVID-19 dashboard continue to be accessible and updated?
- What is the sick policy and procedures for non-covid-related health issues?
- What will the dress code look like?
- How will Pingry support student mental health as operations return to normal?
- What will lunch look like?
- Will assigned seating in classes continue?
- Will locker rooms be open next year?
- Will lower school students still be in pods?
- Will Pingry’s Short Hills Campus continue to offer Beforecare, Aftercare, and Enrichment Programs in the fall?