Led this season by co-captains Nate Hefner '19, Kyle Aanstoots '19, and Ray Fluet '20, Big Blue has its sights set on a conference win.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pingry is a co-ed, independent day school in Short Hills and Basking Ridge, New Jersey, of over 1,100 students, all guided by its historic Honor Code. (Not to be confused with the Pingree School in Massachusetts!)
Families must complete and submit the Admission Application online. We are requiring applications to be submitted online in keeping with Pingry's commitment to sustainability and the ease and reliability of this format. However, if you do not have access to a computer, please contact the appropriate Admission office. For families applying to our Short Hills Campus, email firstname.lastname@example.org. For families applying to our Basking Ridge Campus, email email@example.com.
Please submit our online inquiry form and we will send you more information about upcoming admission events and our school. Additionally, we hope you find this website helpful in learning more about Pingry.
Yes, applicants must be 5 years old by September 1 in the year they will begin Kindergarten.
Typically, we receive four to five applications per opening.
For the complete description of tuition and additional fees by grade, visit the Tuition & Value page. We seek to minimize additional fees; however they typically range from $250-$3,000 depending on grade and student involvement.
The Pingry School is proud of our impressive list of college matriculation, but even more so, of the number and diversity of schools represented. Our College Counseling Office assists each family in finding a good fit for their student at the next level. To see which colleges and universities Pingry graduates are currently attending, please view our college profile.
Families have five options for transportation:
1) Board of Education bus - if provided by your local school district,
2) Shuttles between our Basking Ridge and Short Hills Campuses
3) A bus from Westfield, NJ to our Short Hills Campus
4) Kensington Bus Company (908-429-1092 or firstname.lastname@example.org) routes, and
5) transport your child(ren) yourself.
Lower School - 16 Students
Middle School - 14 Students
Upper School - 13 Students
We accept applications for grades K-11 and openings are as follows:
K - 32 spaces
2 - 16 spaces
4 - 16 spaces
6 - 26 - 30 spaces
9 - 50-55 spaces
For other grades - 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, and 11 - applications are accepted and spaces become available through attrition.
The Admission Committees strive to admit, for each class, the most qualified academic students while creating a diverse community that is balanced in the following areas (in no particular order):
• Children of families new to Pingry, children of alumni, children of faculty and staff, and siblings of current students
• Diversity in race, culture, religion, ethnicity and socioeconomic background
• In the Middle and Upper School Admission Committees, we balance our community with an eye to applicants' interests and talents in a variety of areas including the arts, athletics, leaderships and service.
Yes, if your child has been placed in our wait pool for a particular academic year, he or she must reapply in any subsequent year, as critical information such as teacher recommendations and test scores must be updated.
We have an extensive list of interscholastic sports offerings for Middle and Upper School students. Explore the possibilities here!