New Head of School Tim Lear made his first official appearance in front of the student body, as this year’s speakers offered their perspectives on “investing in the community.”
Intellectual engagement: the bedrock upon which Pingry was founded over 150 years ago.
From the outset, Dr. John Francis Pingry sought to establish an institution that embraced every aspect of a student’s education, emphasizing not only academic rigor but also honor, strength of character, and a commitment to service. Dr. Pingry’s vision continues to guide us today as we strive to provide our students with a strong foundation enhanced by intellectual engagement.
Our vision is to prepare our students to be global citizens and leaders of the 21st century, equipped to tackle complex issues and to promote positive change in their communities. We hope our students will act upon what they learn at Pingry and take action to positively impact the world.
How do we do this?
Intellectual engagement at Pingry is also encouraged through:
- Small class sizes with ample opportunities for students to interact with teachers and classmates
- Hiring the best faculty and investing in their professional development
- Ongoing review and modifications of the curriculum to meet the demands of our rapidly-changing world
- Collaboration, active listening and teaching skills that lead to respectful debate
- Advisory program, which provides students with a trusted adult to guide their academic, social, and emotional development, serves as a "home base" for fostering relationships with peers, and providing general guidance
- Thoughtfully-designed schedules that provide ample time for students to meet individually with their teachers and work collaboratively with peers
- Speaker engagements and special assemblies that promote thought-provoking discussions and motivate students to take action
- Service and experiential learning, beyond the campus borders and into local, regional, and even international communities
- Professional networking and programming available to Pingry alumni