Welcome to Pingry Athletics
New This Summer
The Strength and Conditioning staff is excited to announce a new strength, speed and agility clinic for our high school teams this summer. Partnering with TEST Sports Clubs, we will be offering clinics on Tuesdays and Thursdays from June 21-August 4. The times are listed here.
Welcome to Pingry Athletics! Over the last century and a half, Pingry has developed a rich athletic tradition within the larger framework of the country day school philosophy. This philosophy revolves around the development of wit and character, or, in Pingry parlance, “excellence and honor,” reflecting the belief that one without the other is useless.
While the classroom is well suited to the development of knowledge, the playing field is perfectly suited to the development of character. On the field, players learn how to rally their team after a loss; how to find success in the effort,not the result; and how to take risks, fail, and step back on the field each day, ready to work again. It is on our fields and courts, in our pools and wrestling rooms, that risk-taking and failure are not only expected, but also rewarded. Only through risk-taking will players fail and ultimately learn. Beyond promoting the core traits of teamwork, self-confidence, perseverance, and hard work, athletics provide student-athletes the opportunity to learn resilience, and it happens every day, in practice and in games.
From Olympic trials qualifiers and Division I All-Americans to eager rookies just joining a Big Blue team, we are proud of all our former and current student-athletes. And we truly have something to offer everyone, whether you’re a soccer player aspiring to a scholarship or a novice wrestler stepping on the mat for the first time. No matter your goals, Pingry Athletics welcomes you. Without a doubt, it is an exciting time to be an athlete, coach, or spectator at Pingry.
- In 2014-2015, Big Blue teams won 4 state titles, 5 sectional titles, 3 county titles, 2 state prep titles, and 2 Skyland Conference titles.
- We offer 20 different sports, fielding approximately 80 teams from grades 7-12. Our Upper School students can select from 34 Varsity and JV teams, a total offering that is among the highest of any school in New Jersey.
- Approximately 90% of our students play at least one interscholastic sport.
- In the last four years, 110 student-athletes have been recruited from Pingry to play a total of 16 different sports at top Division I and III programs around the country.
- Our commitment to athletics is unwavering. Construction has begun on the new, 44,000-square-foot Miller A. Bugliari ‘52 Athletics Center, which will house six squash courts, a new strength and conditioning center, a Hall of Fame, and two large basketball courts.
- Our coaches are among the best in the business—eight Pingry coaches have been inducted into the New Jersey Scholastic Coaches Association Hall of Fame.
Pingry offers a top-notch athletic program to complement its top-notch education. The coaches and I hope that you will join one or more of our teams—get involved, test yourself, have fun, and make your own contribution to the continued success of Pingry athletics.
Go Big Blue!
Director of Athletics