Development Specialist Writer [Posted: September 24, 2015]
The Development Specialist Writer will work collaboratively with the Associate Director of Institutional Advancement to generate meaningful, fresh, and consistent content in support of the mission and priorities of the School and Office of Institutional Advancement. This is a Campaign funded position, through December 31, 2016.
- Responsible for writing all Campaign related communications and stories
- Work with the Associate Director to implement a plan for using all resources to effectively communicate key advancement messages.
- With the Associate Director, create work plans and timetables for all communication materials.
- Coordinate all communications for the campaign, including maintenance of campaign microsite and IA web pages. With the Associate Director, help execute a plan for the end of the campaign.
- Create effective fundraising materials, including publications, direct mail, print advertising, and Web content. Ensure that graphic identity is applied consistently and creatively.
- Support major fundraising and donor-recognition events by writing speeches and creating communications materials.
- Maintain an electronic library of written materials relating to the case statement and campaign proposals.
- Work with vendors and consultants to assure the highest quality in materials and production values. Manage relationships with outside designers, photographers and suppliers.
- Special writing projects, as assigned.
Click here for the full job description
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Kate Whitman Annis, Associate Director of Institutional Advancement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After School Program Assistant [Posted: September 16, 2015]
Activities will include: help with homework, disperse snack, provide games and activities while maintaining a safe and secure environment for our students enrolled in the aftercare program. This position will also help coordinate the students participating in the enrichment program and the late bus. This position will support the coordinator who will be on-site. This position is Monday - Friday 3:30-5:30 every day The Pingry School is in session (can be flexible).
Click here for the full job description
Assistant Librarian—Middle School [Posted: August 17, 2015]
The Pingry School is searching for a creative and energetic Librarian to join the C. B. Newton Library team to principally serve the Middle School community with library and information literacy support and integration. This is a 10 month faculty position that reports to the Library Director.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Plans and implements information literacy skills program in conjunction with Middle School Division Head, Library Director, and Middle School teachers
- Collaborates with teachers at grade level to provide support necessary for successful inquiry based projects
- Instructs students in the use of research technologies, such as research databases, online catalogs, bibliographic tools, and other digital tools designed to make students effective users of information and ideas
- Fosters respect for authors and other content creators with regard to copyright and intellectual property rights
- Promotes a lifelong love of reading; develops and maintains reading collections appropriate to grade level; features reading materials through book talks, student book clubs, blogging
- Keeps current with publications through reviewing journals
- Provides reference support for faculty and students
- As required, provides supervision of students in the library reading rooms
- Participates in division and department meetings as required
- MLS/MLIS from an American Library Association accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years experience in a school/academic library
- Instructional experience preferred
- Knowledge of LibGuides; Noodletools; Google Apps for Education highly desired
Interested candidates should provide a cover letter and resume to Eileen Hymas, Library Director, at email@example.com
Part-Time Debate Coach [Posted: July 6, 2015]