Lindsey Hogan '18 and Annie Leithead '19 aim for a return appearance at the Race of Champions.
Fall foliage decorating sunny skies, five different varsity games contested on campus—in addition to alumni and alumnae match-ups—a BBQ lunch beneath the tent, face painting and games for children, and plenty of Big Blue spirit marked Pingry's Homecoming festivities on Saturday, October 7. Over 700 current students, parents, and alumni spanning several decades gathered to celebrate the past, present, and future of Pingry athletics. The occasion was also a chance to dedicate several new athletics spaces—read more in the upcoming issue of The Pingry Review!
Big Blue pride was on full display all week long, as Pingry students, faculty, and staff enjoyed Spirit Week leading up to Saturday's events, featuring "themed" attire each day and capped off by a pep rally on Friday.
Check out this slideshow for a peek at some of the goings-on, as well as a recap of the varsity games below. More photos can be found at pingry.org/photos.
Wrap-up of Saturday's home games:
• Field Hockey: Led by Josie Jahng '19, who had two goals and an assist, Big Blue defeated Ridge, 5-2, in the second round of the Somerset County Tournament, advancing to the semifinals against Bernards.
• Girls' Soccer: Despite the efforts of Simone Toney '19, who recorded 13 saves, and Emma Lobardo '18, who scored, Pingry fell to Bernards in overtime, 2-1, in the second round of the Somerset County Tournament.
• Boys' Soccer: Will Bugliari '20 scored the lone goal in Big Blue's 1-0 defeat of Holmdel High School.
• Football: In Big Blue's inaugural game in their new stadium and turf field, Obi Nnaeto '18 led with four touchdowns in the team's 49-48 loss to Fieldston. James Draper '20, Nathan Hefner '19, Peter Nicoletti '19, and Joe Shilts '19 each contributed a touchdown as well.
• Water polo: Coming back from a loss to the Big Red on October 4, Pingry defeated Lawrenceville, 10-7.
Congratulations Big Blue athletes!
Contact: Andrea Dawson, Senior Writer, email@example.com