Led by freshman Jessica Lin, who won the epée competition, Big Blue girls dominated, and the boys' team took third.
Apply for Financial Aid
All families who feel that there may be a gap between the cost of attending Pingry and what they can afford to pay are encouraged to apply for financial aid.
The admission and financial aid processes are separate. However, there are times when “need aware” admission decisions must be made as the Admission Committees' decisions are weighed against available financial aid funds. Families who choose not to apply for financial aid (or do not complete the application process) during their child's admission process will not be considered for financial aid in future years unless they demonstrate a significant change in financial circumstances.
In order to receive priority consideration over newly admitted families, current families must adhere to and complete each step of the financial aid process by the appropriate deadline.
Any family who submits any necessary information after its due date will be considered for aid after those who have met all deadlines.
This decreases the likelihood that Pingry will be able to award a grant to a qualifying family. Beginning in November, the Financial Aid Office distributes financial aid application instructions by email, and will do so automatically to all families that currently receive financial aid.
It is imperative that families complete each portion of the financial aid application as thoughtfully and carefully as possible. The Financial Aid Committee bases awards on the information supplied by each family and assumes its accuracy. If a family knowingly presents any inaccurate or misleading information related to their financial aid application, the Financial Aid Committee reserves the right to deny financial aid for the current year and refuse consideration of future financial aid applications.
Step by Step: Financial Aid Application Process
- Admission applicants interested in applying for financial aid should indicate this within the Admission Application.
- Current families who do not currently receive aid but would like to apply in the future should contact the Director of Financial Aid as soon as possible, but no later than December 15 to ensure that Pingry will be able to award a grant to a qualifying family.
- Pingry's Request for Financial Aid Form must be completed, one per child, from each parent/guardian's household, as soon as possible, but no later than:
- Friday, December 15, 2017 for returning Pingry families
- Friday, January 12, 2018 for admission applicant families
- TADS's application for tuition assistance must be completed by all applicants according to TADS's instructions, by:
- Monday, January 1, 2018 for returning Pingry families
- Monday, January 22, 2018 for admission applicant families
- Families should apply online through mytads.com. Previous TADS users should use the same login information.
- Once TADS receives your application, they will request supporting documentation.
- You will need to submit these documents directly to TADS within 4 business days of the submission of you application. These documents may include, but are not limited to:
- Most recent W-2 statements
- Most recent pay stub(s)
- Most recent federal tax form(s)
- Most recent corporate tax return, if applicable
- Documentation for all other sources of income
- Any 1099s.
- Pingry-specific document requirements that apply to all applicants are:
- a statement regarding children attending other tuition-charging schools
- Form 4506-T, which enables the School to obtain a transcript of a family's filed tax return.
- No financial aid award is final until the family has submitted their filed 2017 Federal Income Tax Form 1040, including all schedules, to TADS for verification. The deadline for submission is February 12, 2018 for families with business/rental income and is April 15, 2018 for all other families.
- All Pingry Middle and Upper School Students (Grades 6-12) are required to have Internet access at home and a laptop for use at school that meets Pingry's minimum requirements as part of our 1-to-1 Learning Environment.
- Rising Middle and Upper School students applying for financial aid who do not have a laptop that meets the minimum requirements for school use may apply for a one-time (per Division) technology grant. The amount of an awarded technology grant will be based on the level of a family’s demonstrated financial need and may cover up to 90% of the cost of a new laptop that meets Pingry's recommended specifications. Any portion of the laptop cost not covered by the technology grant will be billed to the student’s account and subject to Pingry's normal payment policies.
- Families who do not currently receive financial aid may apply for a one-time (per Division) technology grant. However, to be eligible for consideration for a technology grant, families must also complete a financial aid application in the year they are applying for the technology grant. Families who do not qualify for financial aid may still be eligible for a technology grant.
- Any family may apply for a technology grant any year. However, technology grants may be awarded to a student only once while attending the Middle School and once at the Upper School. Completed grant applications are due by January 12, 2018.
- The Financial Aid Committee reviews all financial aid and technology grant applications. Newly enrolled students with demonstrated need may be given priority when awarding technology grants.
FINANCIAL AID DEADLINES
RETURNING PINGRY FAMILIES
DECEMBER 15, 2017: Request for Financial Aid form due
JANUARY 1, 2018: TADS FINANCIAL AID APPLICATION DUE
ADMISSION APPLICANT FAMILIES
JANUARY 12, 2018: Request for Financial Aid form due
JANUARY 22, 2018: TADS Financial Aid Application due
ALL FINANCIAL AID APPLICANTS
January 12, 2018: (OptionAL) TECHNOLOGY GRANT APPLICATION DUE
FEBRUARY 12, 2018: 2017 Business/Rental Income Tax Forms due
APRIL 15, 2018: 2017 Federal Income Tax Form 1040, including all schedules due