Nicole Vanasse '20 leads Big Blue to another impressive showing.
At Pingry, we’re always searching for exceptional teachers with an eye for a teachable moment. If you’re passionate about educating young people in a student-centered classroom environment, we should talk.
Our faculty excels in subject area expertise and possesses a strong desire to share their passion with their students. They’re also willing to embrace the additional duties typical of a “country day school” philosophy, such as advising students, coaching, or directing or supervising clubs and activities.
Our teachers are expected to have a bachelor’s degree in their subject area – a Master’s is preferred, and funding support for work towards that degree is available beginning in one’s second year at Pingry.
Pingry strongly supports ongoing professional development and encourages all faculty members to seek professional growth opportunities through conferences and workshops, visits to other schools, summer fellowships, and the pursuit of advanced degrees. The school awards nine endowed chairs that recognize outstanding teaching, dedication to students, and contributions to school life. Teachers are always free to propose new courses and approaches that they believe will enhance the curriculum and benefit the students.
Through our “Plus One” initiative, we also encourage our teachers to pursue their passions and get to know students outside the classroom, by coaching a team, advising a club, or assisting with a drama production. In every instance, we encourage teachers to strike a balance between “investing” (trying something new) and “harvesting” (working with an existing passion). Faculty members are also encouraged to meet with the Director of Athletics to determine how their interests might align with Pingry’s coaching needs.
The Pingry School seeks dynamic and intellectually engaging teachers to join a diverse academic community. While our hiring season tends to run from late January through early April, we are always excited to make connections with outstanding candidates. Teaching candidates should be committed to helping young people construct their understanding of the discipline in a student-centered classroom environment. We are searching for collaborative teachers with an eye for the teachable moment when moral and ethical questions arise in and out of the classroom. Subject area expertise and an excitement for sharing passions with young people are expected.
We invite applicants with diverse backgrounds and perspectives to reach out to Delvin Dinkins, Assistant Headmaster, Basking Ridge Campus (Grades 6 through 12) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Ted Corvino, Assistant Headmaster, Short Hills Campus (K through 5) at email@example.com.
- After-School Program Assistant
- Activities will include: help with homework, disperse snack, provide games and activities while maintaining a safe and secure environment for our students enrolled in the aftercare program. This position will also help coordinate the students participating in the enrichment program and the late bus. This position will support the coordinator who will be on-site. This position is Monday - Friday, 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. every day that The Pingry School is in session (can be flexible).
- Contact: Cindy McArthur, Director of Summer and Auxiliary Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Head MS Girls Soccer
- Head MS Boys Soccer
- Assistant Girls Varsity Hockey Coach
- Head Middle School Hockey Coach
- Head Varsity Baseball Coach
- Boys Varsity Assistant Lacrosse Coach
- Boys MS Lacrosse Coaches
- Boys JV Lacrosse Assistant Coaches
We invite interested applicants to contact Carter Abbott, Director of Athletics at email@example.com.
Take a peek... get to know a bit more about us!
- Medical and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Group Life Insurance with AD&D Coverage
- Supplemental Employee-Paid Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Medical/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Financial Support for Advanced Degrees
- Tuition Remission for children of employees
- Wellness Program